History is a portrayal of the past. Events that are remembered and preserved constitute history. The following world history resources are the experiences of humans from around the world. Educating ourselves with these experiences and moments of world history is essential to understanding the society we live in now.
- 1492 – Present: A chronological history of colonial America until present.
- Elizabethan government: A detailed description of the Elizabethan government.
The Roman Empire
- The First Century: A comprehensive resource of images, videos and documents exploring the Roman Empire.
- Ancient Roman Structures: A social studies lesson on the structures of Ancient Rome.
- Timeline: A timeline of historical events dating from 500 C.E until 1509. C.E.
- Monasticism: This lecture recounts the history of Christian monasticism in medieval Europe.
Renaissance and Reformation
- The Reformation: Provides a detailed description of the Reformation, why it occurred and overview the movement.
- Introduction to Renaissance: This article covers major points from the Renaissance and was the information was gathered from the core studies of English department of Brooklyn College.
Middle East History
- History of Iran: The Iran Chamber Society gives a detailed historical account of Iran from 2500 B.C.E. until 1988.
- Middle East History: A complete database of articles, biographies, maps and timelines of Middle East History.
- Islamic World to 1600: Tutorials on Ancient Islam until 1600.
- Birth of Islam: Essays and slide shows portraying the birth of Islam.
- History of Islam: This article examines the history of religion in the political traditions of Islam.
- History of Medieval Islam: A complete analysis of medieval Islam history by J.J Saunders.
- Ancient Iran: A detailed article covering the history of Ancient Iran.
- Women in Early Islam: Teaching and primary resource of women impact in early Islam.
Colonial Latin America
- Timeline: A timeline of events in colonial Latin America.
- Antonio de Montesinos: A summary of the history that pertains to the disposition and conditions of the Indies.
- Colonial Latin America: A historical text archive written by professor Donald J. Marby of Mississippi State University of his interpretation of 300 years of colonial Latin America.
Modern Latin America
- Mexican Revolution: Lyn Davies gives a summary of the Mexican Revolution that last 10 years.
- History of China: A history project of China’s past that is still in development, but you will find pages that document the history thoroughly and cohesively.
- Before 1500: Asian civilizations between circa 200 to 1700.
- Punishments: Images of engravings and photographs depicting punishments in traditional China. Pleas advised some images are graphic in nature.
- Emergence Of Modern China: This article gives insight in the breaking through of modern China.
- Chinese Communist Party: This paper explores the Chinese Communist Party development in process of resisting Japan.
- Political History: A historical breakdown of the political structure of China.
- Studying Africa: Modules covering the history of Africa. Module 10 covers the government of pre-colonial Africa.
- South Africa: A brief summary of pre-colonial African history.
- Maps and Power: A collection of bibliography resources highlighting the history of Modern Africa. You will also find maps of Africa.